This was a first for me. Even though I am French, I don’t recall ever eating Vichy carrots. But with a full bag about to go off and fed up with always having carrots the same way, I gave this a go. And boy, will I do this again.
It was done in no time at all, tasted delicious and is obviously full of the good stuff!
The traditional Vichy carrots don’t have peas but with 2 teenagers in the house, a bit of starch was needed. The results were fabulous.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Vichy carrots & peas in the Thermomix (carrots & peas with onion, parsley, and cream)
Active time: 15 minutes – Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 30 leaves of fresh parsley (1 small pack from the supermarket is enough)
- 50g salted butter
- 40g water
- 30g granulated sugar
- 500g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g frozen peas
- 100g creme fraiche
- Place peeled and halved onion, garlic cloves, and the parsley leaves in the Thermomix bowl. Turn on for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the butterfly whisk.
- Add 50g salted butter, 40g water, 30g sugar, 500g carrots (peeled and sliced), 1 pinch pepper and one chicken stock cube.
- Cook for 30 minutes / 100C / Speed slow.
- Add 200g frozen peas and 80g creme fraiche.
- Remove the measuring cup.
- Cook 3 minutes / 100C / Speed slow.
- Serve immediately!
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx