Thermomix Tom Kha Gai soup
Full of wonderful flavours, you’ll feel instantly transported to Thailand with this classic chicken and coconut soup. Warming and incredibly comforting, this soup will only require 25 minutes of your time.
Double the recipe to have left over for the next day. Like most sauce dishes, they’re even better the following day.
Let the broth reduce even further and you’ll have a full chicken meal that just needs serving with rice.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 25 minutes – Total time: 55 minutes – cost: £7.19
- 1 garlic clove, peeled – £0.05
- 1 shallot – £0.05
- 4 cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced – £0.30
- 3 sticks of lemongrass – £1.40
- 3 tbsp fish sauce – £0.10
- 1 tin coconut milk – £1.45
- 700g chicken stock – £0.15
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips – £1.50
- 120g shiitake mushrooms – £1.35
- 1 tsp Thai chilli paste – £0.14
- 1 lime – £0.35
- Half a bunch of coriander – £0.35
- Place 1 garlic clove and 1 shallot into the bowl. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the sliced ginger, 3 sticks lemongrass, 3 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tin coconut milk and 700g chicken stock. Cook for 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed 1.
- In the meantime, slice the chicken and the mushrooms. Add them both to the bowl. Cook for 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed 1.
- In the meantime, zest the lime.
- Add the end of cooking time, add the juice of one lime and 1 tsp Thai chilli paste to the soup.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with fresh coriander and lime zest.
Delicious. Bon appetit x