Coconut, quinoa, and lentil curry with lime mango Thermomix recipe
Thank you Half-baked Harvest for this superb recipe. Click here for the original non-Thermomix recipe.
This healthy, Vegan coconut, quinoa, and lentil curry with lime mango is one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make. All you have to do is toss practically all the ingredients in the Thermomix and let it cook!
It takes less than an hour to make (mostly hands-off time) and is packed full of delicious flavors. It’s a healthy vegan recipe that makes a perfect meatless Monday dinner recipe. This might not be the prettiest meal that I’ve ever made, but it is one of the tastiest!
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 red peppers
- 2 carrots
- 3tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1tbsp curry powder (as hot as you like it!)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 litre coconut water or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 100g green lentils
- 100g quinoa
- 4 big handful baby kale
- juice + zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 big handful fresh coriander
- 1 big handful fresh basil
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 lime zest + juice
- naan, greek yogurt, chiles, and almonds, for topping
- Add 2 garlic cloves, 2cm fresh ginger, 2 carrots roughly chopped and 2 red peppers to the mixing bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the side.
- Add 2tbsp coconut oil and cook for 3 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- Add 3tbsp Thai red curry paste and 1tbsp curry powder. Cook for 1 minute / 100C / speed 1.
- Pour in 1 can full-fat coconut milk, 1 litre coconut water, and 1tbsp soy sauce. Cook for 10 minutes / 120C / speed 1.
- Add 100g lentils and 100g quinoa in the simmering basket. Make sure you add the quinoa once the basket is in place or it’ll everywhere. Cook for 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed 1.
- Set the lentils & quinoa aside in a serving bowl.
- Stir in 4 big handfuls of baby kale in the main bowl and continue cooking for 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed 1 without measuring cup.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, the coriander and basil. Mix for 20 seconds / reverse speed low.
- Pour the juice over the lentils & quinoa mix
- Ladle the curry into bowls and top with fresh mango. Drizzle with lime juice and zest. Garnish with greek yogurt, chilies and almonds.
Serve with naan bread.